Hey, can we get a little help? A life raft? A push?
It’s not always easy to ask for assistance, and as women we pride ourselves on doing it all. We’re more willing to aid other people than we are to help ourselves.
But this week we’re trying getting the help we need, give you a few helpful hints and even remember the times when we weren’t very helpful at all.
- Laura Loving explains the big “ROI” in hiring an intern.
- Amy Barr looks for aid from a not-so-helpful acupuncturist.
- Susan Linney tells us how she hit rock bottom — and finally asked for help.
- Piers Marchant gives us four films in need of help (and one beyond assistance).
- Rebecca Fernandez interviews novelist Lindy DeKoven, who talks about the critical need for women to help other women.
- Bethanne Patrick recommends two books on otherworldly help.
- And I shirk my duties as a 14-year-old would-be volunteer.
And in the words of the great Mr. Cruise:
Enjoy and be charitable — to others and yourself.