The national anthem.
That time you truly didn’t hear what I said…
Crying heals the soul. It uncorks the pain. But even in tears of joy, we feel spent and exhausted; a piece of us remains gutted, on the carpet. So it is with trepidation that we ask you to join us in a good cry this week. (We’re feeling a bit like Barbara Walters.)
- I asked 19 women — when was the last time you cried?
- Danyel Smith might give you something to cry about.
- Susan Linney is still learning how to cry.
- Helen Jane shares a glassy-eyed gift from her mother.
- Jennifer Hill takes a Second Time Travel trip to Santorini, Greece. It’s so beautiful, she might just cry.
- Jody Jones maps the top places to cry in NYC.
- And Bethanne Patrick shares two tear jerkers in Front to Backlist.
Handing you a tissue,