It’s only been a week. And yet, here we are.
After the 2016 presidential election results we find ourselves distraught, depressed and still in shock. When we feel this confused and despondent, we here at TueNight like to ground ourselves in lists, action items and game plans.
What can we do to help? What’s next in the fight? Where can we go to find peace? How can we help our kids? How can we make sure we’re being good allies and opening up our hearts and minds?
To that end, we enlisted our TueNight crew and friends to compile a massive checklist of everything we might need right this very minute. It’s a very special edition of TueNight that we hope will both mobilize you and give you some peace.
- Self-Care Tips When You Are Utterly Devastated — Karrie Myers Taylor
- Post-Election Do’s and Don’ts: Everyday Tips to Be a Better Human — Suzan Bond, Kia M. Ruiz, Madeleine Deliee
- 14 Ways to Be an Ally Right Now — Chanel Dubofsky
- Teaching Your Children Empathy: 15 Resources for Parents and Guardians — Nefertiti Austin
- Here’s Your Protest Playlist: 11 Songs to Fight the Power — Nancy Davis Kho
- Give Back: Organizations That Need Your Help After the 2016 Election — Susan McPherson
- Healing Arts: In Troubled Times, Artists and Galleries to Support — A’Driane Nieves
- 10 Foods to Comfort You (Pizza and Booze, Not So Much) — Alex Jamieson
- Wait! Before You Unfollow Everybody… — Karen Gerwin
And here are a few links we’re digging around the web:
- “Coward” by Yael Naim — a gorgeous performance/ flash mob at Forum des Halles, Paris which resonates. “To care for someone else but me…”
- How to Talk to People Across the Political Divide (The Mashup Americans)
- My Plan For Making Peace With President-Elect Trump (GQ)
- Lend your ears to one of our favorite podcasts, About Race, from Anna Holmes. This week: “Trying to Make Sense“
Stay safe, love and listen to your neighbor, stand tall.