Oh MY we have a jam-packed issue this week, friends. Because this week, we’re all about swaps — trades, pivots, shifts and changes big and small. And by the time you get to be a woman of certain age, well, you’ve probably swapped a bunch, by choice or otherwise.
This week, we’re swapping careers, our age, our clothes, our shrink, our kids’ names and we have a beautiful piece about more of a transition: a mother shares the story of her child’s new name — and gender — on a brand new birth certificate.
We’re sending out our issue early today so you can snag yourself a ticket and see most of these stories LIVE at TueNight Live. We’re also planning to have a real, live swap meet. I’m bringing three of my own items to trade — think Kajagoogoo, Shephard Fairey and colorforms.
Curious? Come with your own swaps and find out.
If you’re not in NYC and can’t make it, we’ll be Facebook Live-ing right here. And in other Facebook news, we’ve started a pretty fabulous community called TueNighters, and you should definitely join. That’s here.
Without further tweaks, shifts or edits…
- Marcelle Karp’s millennial date swaps his age
- Lynn Harris changes her son’s last name to her own
- Wendy Marston recalls the clothing “Bitch and Swap pile”
- Dionne Ford shifts her religion
- Amber Briggle throws baby shower 2.0 for Max, her transgendered son
- Wendy Sachs fearlessly pivots her career
- And Robin Gelfenbein finally quits her therapist — phew