Elan Morgan is a web designer, writer, and feminist activist. They’ve spoken across North America at various conferences, on tv and radio, and at TEDx, and they’ve been seen in the Globe & Mail, Best Health, Woman’s Day, and Flow magazines. A personal blogger since 2003 with an interest in online privacy and culture, Elan’s stepped back from speaking over the last couple of years to concentrate on writing poetry and contemplating connection and love in online spaces that are specifically built to foster and sensationalize division. Everything feels very serious, so re-learning play seems like a fabulous idea. Elan is taking suggestions. Be sure to check out Elan’s Five Star Blog Round-Up and the Grace in Small Things social network they started on Facebook. Here is Elan’s TueNight 10:
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: Listening to podcasts. I’m obsessive, listening to 47 and counting at 1.5-speed.
4. Thing I miss: Easy, unplanned solitude. It used to be all over the place before the internet.
5. 80’s crush: Nancy McKeon. She played Jo Polniaczek on The Facts of Life, and I liked to fantasize about us fist-fighting our way out of trouble.
6. Current crush: Musician Aimee Mann. She’s dreamy and kind of scary.
7. Will whine about: Inhumane business approaches to non-business things, like, oh I don’t know, democratic government.
8. Will wine about: Nothing. I’ve been sober for 7.5 years!
9. Best thing that happened yesterday: I went to the movies with my husband and then a late supper where we watched 20-somethings eat and pre-game for the bar. It felt good to be well on the other side of that with my favorite human.
10. Looking forward to: Moving beyond the grief of a world that has Drumpf as President of the United States.