Choosing our TueNight themes is not quite an exact science.
We Tuenighters, Adrianna, Karen, Darian, Justine and myself — a handful of Gen-Xers and a couple Millennial allies — meet via Zoom video conference weekly for a virtual brainstorm. What are we personally dreaming, mulling, posting and talking about? What matters to those of us over 35? What have our formal and informal surveys told us that you want to read about? In the last one you told us: Do-Over, Best Friend, First Job, Mourn, Renovate, Siblings, Aging. Check. Check. And stay tuned.
This week we wanted a word that combined Halloween, costumes, the omnipresent waft of cinnamon-and-pumpkin-infused items and, of course, orange-y politicians. Adrianna piped up, “Pumpkin?” We had that collective head nod. And so, Pumpkin was born. (Along with a quick search to realize Trumpkin is indeed a thing.)
So here are this week’s gourd-geous patch of tales:
- Madeline Deliee can’t ditch that can of pumpkin
- Jennifer Hudak is assaulted by your odiferous spices
- Kathleen Warner goes bowling with pumpkins
- Anneke Jong says the phrase “boys will be boys” is so destructive (for pumpkins, too)
- Nichole Baldino wants you to eat a whole pumpkin pie (cookie)
- Erica Hornung goes big or goes home with costumes
- And I share my Halloween oldie — but smelly — Witchie Poo
Oh, and about that Best Friends theme: we’re doing that one in two weeks along with our next Talk TueNight event in Brooklyn. Please join us for an evening of wine, snacks, storytelling and conversation — a fantastic, casual evening and great way to connect with other lady dinosaurs like us. We’d also love it if you’d bring your bestie along.
In the meantime, happy carving!
(Photo collage Erica Hornung/TueNight)