Lori Leibovich has launched some of our favorite Instagram handles. While she was director of RealSimple.com she started the popular @womenirl, featuring life’s unfiltered moments. (To wit: this kid finding Halloween candy while sitting on top of the fridge). After the Women’s March she launched the inspirational @nastysigns as well as the gorgeous, Americana-filled @ihavethisthingwithsigns. But when she’s not chronicling signage, or touring middle and high schools in NYC for her daughter and son, she’s overseeing all of Time Inc’s health coverage and is the editor in chief of Health magazine and Time Health. We were happy to get an ounce of her free time to ask her about her TueNight 10!
1. On the nightstand: Born To Run by Bruce Springsteen (I read it but I like just having it there); HelloFlo: The Guide, Period: The Everything Puberty Book for the Modern Girl by Naama Bloom (see: 5th grade daughter, above); Her Body And Other Parties: Stories by Carmen Maria Machado; Modern Loss: Candid Conversations About Grief by Rebecca Soffer and Gabrielle Birkner (galleys)
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: Instagram. It’s a problem.
3. Jam of the minute: Courtney Barnett and Kurt Vile “Lotta Sea Lice;” Jason Isbell, “Something More Than Free;” Angel Olson, “My Woman.”
4. Thing I miss: Barack and Michelle.
5. 80’s crush: Bruce Springsteen (I’m consistent! And maybe have a thing for older men??)
6. Current crush: My husband is super cute (older man too!)
7. Will whine about: the subway. More importantly, lack of access to birth control and the erosion of reproductive rights in 2017 wtf?!?!
8. Will wine about: CalNaturale Chardonnay in a 500 ML box. Don’t Judge.
9. Best thing that happened yesterday: I didn’t eat lunch at my desk
10. Looking forward to: Election Day 2020