Quick Bio: Nandita is an actor-writer who loves to hear an audience laugh. Her latest play, Baby Camp, had a public reading in NYC on July 8th.
Beyond the Bio: “As I hurtled toward 40, I felt such a sense of urgency that if things didn’t happen before that date, I would be doomed forever. But then it happened and my life, including my career, got better! I’ve worked more consistently as an actor, had more plays produced in better venues, and experienced a truly stable and loving relationship, all in this decade.”
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: Fighting the patriarchy one play at a time.
3. Jam of the minute: Lizzo’s “Juice.”
4. Thing I miss: Letters
5. 80s crush: Rob Lowe (until the 1988 Democratic Convention)
6. Current crush: Keanu Reeves
7. Will whine about: The MTA
8. Will wine about: Rosé
9. Best thing that happened recently: A theater in Seattle asked to produce my play Washer/Dryer.
10. Looking forward to: Acting in Madhuri Shekar’s House of Joy at Cal Shakes next month.