Quick bio: Caissie is an Emmy award nominated comedy writer, television producer (most recently for the sorely missed TueNighter fave, Busy Tonight, and before that Watch What Happens Live, The Rosie O’Donnell Show, and The Late Show with David Letterman) and author of the YA novel, Jane Jones: Worst. Vampire. Ever.
Beyond the bio: “I know people worry a lot about how they look as they age and this might sound like bragging, but for whatever reason, whether it’s my voice or the way I dress or that I have a baby face, people always think that I’m a good deal younger than I am. Which can be okay. But a lot of times it’s annoying, too! I’ve been doing what I do for 26 years now, I have a ton of experience and I hate having to explain that.”
1. On the nightstand: Seltzer, allergy medicine, a scented candle.
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: Trying to create content that features and centers and speaks to women.
3. Jam of the minute: Anything by Lizzo.
4. Thing I miss: My son. He’s in college, far away.
5. 80s crush: Prince.
6. Current crush: Prince.
7. Will whine about: Being exhausted.
8. Will wine about: I don’t really love wine! Shocker, I know. But tequila or gin are great.
9. Best thing that happened recently: A Black Lady Sketch Show premiered on HBO. Lots of my friends wrote on it and act in it and I am so happy it exists.
10. Looking forward to: Getting back to a place where I’m making something for an audience every day. It’s what I was born to do.