Basic bio: Ada is the author of the NYC history St. Marks Is Dead, the marriage memoir Wedding Toasts I’ll Never Give, and the generation-defining book about the midlife crisis of Gen X women, Why We Can’t Sleep, out January 7, 2020 (pre-order now!).
Beyond the Bio: “My favorite thing about being this age is that I have a small army of women friends who I would trust with my life. Being with them takes the edge off even the worst weeks.”
1. On the nightstand: A dangerously tall tower of books. A glass of water. So many hair ties.
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: Watching Law & Order SVU if I come across it while channel-surfing. Playing Scrabble on my phone.
3. Jam of the minute: The Replacements, “Color Me Impressed.”
4. Thing I miss: Wearing high heels all day without having to carry backup sneakers in my bag.
5. 80s crush: River Phoenix, especially in Running on Empty. When he cries? Jesus.
6. Current crush: Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr.
7. Will whine about: Sleeping poorly. Running out of coffee. Forgetting what day it is.
8. Will wine about: Book events for friends and other writers I admire.
9. Best thing that happened recently: My parents’ lost cat was found.
10. Looking forward to: Going to Disney World with my kids and their cousins.