A powerhouse retail analyst and journalist, Hitha Herzog knows how to shop and spend — she runs her own retail and consumer spending research firm and is a regular retail analyst for MSNBC, ABC News and Fox Business. She’s also executive producer and conservative counterpart to co-host Liz Plank on the podcast Divided States of Women. Not easy to pigeonhole, Hitha wrote for TueNight about being a Fox News Feminist and her marital issues with money in He Said/ She Said with husband, comedian Seth Herzog. Hitha’s spending philosophy? “Abundance, not scarcity. Meaning: don’t limit your life, just spend within your means” Preach!
1. On the nightstand: Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the creator of Nike, Phil Knight; gratitude journal; iPhone and iPad.
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: Advocating for young women in the workplace.
3. Jam of the minute: “Look What you Made Me Do,” by Taylor Swift.
4. Thing I miss: Fall weather.
5. 80’s crush: Michael Jackson.
6. Current crush: Seth Herzog.
7. Will whine about: Fake feminism, i.e., supporting the cause when it’s good for image and can sell product.
8. Will wine about: I don’t drink, but will stress drink chai tea over #MeToo.
9. Best thing that happened yesterday: So many things, but mostly, I had an Umami burger (an LA staple) in NYC!
10. Looking forward to: Thanksgiving. I know, so cheezy, but it’s the first time I am able to spend time with my family in 10 years because I’m not working that day.