Who We Are
TueNight is a storytelling community for Gen-X women and non-binary folks, sharing where we’ve been and exploring what’s next. We publish a small batch of original first-person stories throughout the month.
- Topics: We’re interested in all relevant topics far and wide of interest to Gen-X women including, but not limited to, love, sex, health, career, family, entertainment, travel, and food.
- Audience: Generally Gen-X women and non-binary folks age 40-60 (roughly)
- Format: We typically publish essays (approximately 800-1,000 words), however, we’re also up for lists, videos and other kinds of image-driven content.
- Diversity: We are intentional about publishing a diverse slate of writers. We welcome pitches from writers of every racial background, binary/non-binary, single, married, not moms, moms, city mouse, country mouse. Gen-X Midlife is our common denominator, of course.
- Voice: Smart, vibrant, optimistic — with the occasional dose of that Gen-X side-eye. Hey, we gotta be us, right?
- Special Features: We also accept pitches for our Obsessed feature — these are roughly 250-300 words in length
- Pay: $50 per assigned and accepted original essay; smaller 150-250-word features in our are newsletter not paid — those include “Obsessed” “TueNight10”
Please send pitches and 2-3 links to clips of previous work to email@example.com.
We’re also open to first-time writers, so don’t be shy. If you have a great idea, we have great editors to help you bring it to life.