Who We Are
TueNight is a storytelling community for women and non-binary folks over 40, sharing where we’ve been and exploring what’s next. Twice each month on Tuesday (natch), we publish original personal essays.
- Topics: Generally, we’re interested in all relevant topics far and wide, including, but not limited to, love, sex, health, career, entertainment, travel, and food.
- Audience: Generally Gen-X women and non-binary folks age 40+
- Format: We typically publish essays (approximately 800-1,000 words), however, we’re also up for lists, videos and other kinds of image-driven content that’s in line with our mission.
- Diversity: We are intentional about publishing a diverse slate of writers. We welcome pitches from writers of every racial background, binary/non-binary, single, married, not moms, moms, city mouse, country mouse. Gen-X Midlife is our common denominator, of course.
- Voice: Smart, vibrant, optimistic — with the occasional dose of that Gen-X side eye. We gotta be us.
- Pay: $50
Please send pitches and 2-3 links to clips of previous work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re also open to first-time writers, so don’t be shy. If you have a great idea, we have great editors to help you bring it to life.