Basic bio: Candice is a marketer and a maker. She is CMO at Paper+Ink, a female-led collective that creates smoking accessories for the stylish cannabis consumer; and she is the co-founder of Effin Relax where she sells handmade incense.
Beyond the bio: As I have gotten older, I have less tolerance for things that don’t suit me. Since getting diagnosed with MS and my husband recovering from a TBI, I have learned to focus on what is important in all aspects of my life. The goal is to construct a life that feels authentic and not too stressful.
What makes you a grown-ass lady?
Wisdom, I enjoy having experience that can form my decision making. I did a lot of flying by the seat of my pants when I was younger.
1. On the nightstand: An incense holder, Be Water, My Friend: The Teachings of Bruce Lee, and pine cones.
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: Thinking about how to be a better person.
3. Jam of the minute: “This Land” by Gary Clark Jr.
4. Thing I miss: Concerts.
5. ‘80s crush: Kevin Bacon.
6. Current crush: Kevin Bacon.
7. Latest fave find: Estate sale bracelets.
8. Last thing you lost: My phone….I lose it several times a day.
9. Best thing that happened recently: Girls trip with my college roommate.
10. Looking forward to: Life after Covid-19.