Margit’s Note: And You Get a Car! And You Get a Car!
In this day and age when everyone gets a trophy (except the Seahawks…. but maybe the dancing shark actually won), we remember a time when there were true winners and losers. You won the yellow ribbon in ice skating; you lost the blueberry pie competition. Why do salt and sugar have to look so much alike…
We clutched our shiny trophy for one smug moment, then stuck it in a cardboard box next to our yearbooks and a one-time, treasured Homies collection.
This week we resurface our prizes — the ones as random as a Cracker Jack charm and the ones as well-deserved (or as DuVernay-ily disappointing) as an Oscar.
- Juliet Fletcher judges an exotic dance contest in Philly.
- Bethanne Patrick gives us five blue-ribbon reads.
- Amy Barr asks why we cherish certain collections.
- Our man in Utah, Piers Marchant, doles out his own Sundance trophies.
- And Diane Otter revels in a kickball glory.
We also share the results of our very first (very casual) survey. And we’re pleased to report, you like us, you really, really like us. We hope you’ll continue to send us your feedback, theme-ideas and what you dig and what you don’t. We love mail: email@example.com.
Keep your eyes on the prize,
Leave a Reply
Tell Us in the Comments
What do you think?