Margit’s Note: Hey, Thanks
It’s a rough day to try and be thankful.
But there is something almost apropos that the Ferguson decision happened only a few days before Thanksgiving. Daring us to find our better angels. Find the commonality, find the hugs, find the conversation that needs to happen.
For me, there’s a lot to be thankful for: health; family; a roof; the Metrocard that gets me where I need to go. a hot coffee in the morning; a book that changes my mind.
And as TueNight, we’re most thankful for the community of diverse voices that share their brave, hilarious, surprising and insightful voices with us every week. You are everything.
- Heather Barmore asks why you’re being so quiet about Ferguson
- Laurie White writes her thank you notes
- Kathleen Warner realizes cancer was a catalyst for change
- Julie Parr is grateful for a community of drug-users
- Amy Barr finds friendship in her own family
- Our contributors share the weird things they’re thankful for….
- And I talk to an angel (investor), Susan McPherson
And a Few Ways We Can Help Ferguson — And Give Back
- Donate to the Ferguson Public Library
- Donate to one of these DonorsChoose Charities
- Here’s a great roundup for #GivingTuesday of several charities to donate to (beyond Ferguson)
Safe travels, happy thanksgiving — and talk to someone who’s not like you. You’ll be grateful.
Leave a Reply
Tell Us in the Comments
What do you think?