Margit’s Note: Ooo la la Sasson
(Illustration by Kat Borosky/TueNight)
This week, as a prelude to New York’s Fashion Week, we’re all about Fads. Because as we know one week you’re in, the next you’re out, but sometimes, as a certain supermodel neglects to mention, you’re in again.
Speaking of being out, I spent the last week a lazy beach bum in Delaware and then a few days with the fam in Philadelphia. While there, I chatted with my sister about this week’s theme, and took notes for this column. We talked about tanning, manicures, Dippity Doo and the ever-changing waist height of jeans. And can skinny jeans please just go away.
But I forgot my notes. Unprovoked my mother found my notes and typed them to me in an email. I think they say it all — with a big [sic].
“You forgot your notes. Here are the ones I can read: White Shoulders, Lauren?, YSL, darker hair, Polo, fergies, acid, hair accessories, jellies , leather, Gap. Press on nails, QT tanning lotion, Calvin Klein, Jordache, Sergio Valenti, Gloria V, Hustle?”
And then she added her own thoughts:
“Is the ice bucket thing a fad? What is a fad? In the 1920s people swallowed goldfish. Dirty white bucks in the ‘50s.
Awfully quiet here.
- Susan Linney shares five modern beauty products that remind her of ones from back in the day.
- Jody Jones asks, “What’s Up with All the Scarves?”
- Bethanne Patrick offers up two eerie “fad” tales.
- Kristin Booker tells us how to avoid the trend trap.
- Jennifer Ha give us a timeline of her ever-evolving hairstyles.
- And we all share that one thing we still have despite all trends — the anti-fad.
Leave a Reply
Tell Us in the Comments
What do you think?