Margit’s Note: Peccadilloes, Proclivities and Persuasions…
We all have our quirky vice.
This week we’re talking about those things you love, crave and are a little — or a lot — naughty. That social cigarette, the daily 24 oz. of coffee you consume (minus the paper cup of course — fist bump to Climate March!), still (still) getting sucked into every season of The Real World, the Nutella you can’t stop eating, because, well, spoon. And a few of us have vices that aren’t so obvious….
- Rachel Kramer Bussel sleeps with her clothes on.
- Laurie White road tests chocolate peanut butter cups.
- Gretchen Rubin tells us to lighten up about our bad habits.
- And speaking of habits, Jo Piazza learns happiness from Nuns.
- Diane di Costanza shares her stalking skills.
- Bethanne Patrick tempts us with two juicy novels.
- Jennifer Hill can’t stay out of the sun.
- And Dina Kaplan gets us to ban the word “busy.” Yes.
- Of course there’s a magazine, tv show and website called Vice. One of our recent favorites from them is a powerful, frightening and well-reported piece by Allison Yarrow about fake abortion clinics that are storming America.
- Whether or not you’re celebrating Rosh Hashanah this week, you might want to reflect, renew and check out 10Q — answer 10 life questions over 10 days, open a year later and repeat. Cathartic.
- And, finally, Blondie turns 40. (A penchant for peroxide, that’s a vice, for sure).
Keep on eating cars,
p.s. Tell Us Below: What is your secret, special vice…
(Illustration: Mike Licht/Flickr)
I eat cold leftover pasta straight out of the fridge. There, I said it.
Right now I’m half broke as a result of ordering meals via Seamless.com. That thing is like crack —I was instantly hooked. A meal from your favorite restaurant delivered right to your door in minutes? Automatically billed to your credit card so you don’t have to think about what you are spending? Yes please! I’m very full but in credit card debt.
I read the newspaper on my phone while I’m cuddling with my kids in the morning. I know I could be paying more attention them, but I don’t care. I pay attention to them all day, and I don’t have all day to read the paper.
Hey, I do this too!
I cannot flush a public toilet with my hands. I have to use my foot. I have been criticized by my co-workers because they don’t want to touch what has been on the bottom of my shoe…yet how can anything be WORSE than what is on the toilet flusher handle? This may not be a vice as much as a neurosis…
@Laura Lailley Don’t we ALL do this?
Ok new Vice: BjornQorn. Holy cow this stuff is addictive: http://www.bjornqorn.com
The TueDo List: Oktoberfest, Ello, Fall TV and Selfies | Tue Night
[…] there is a time for vices it’s the weekend. Work-free, ideally. Fun-centered, hopefully. And whatever your proclivities […]
MargitDetweiler I thought so, but the pushback on me was deafening. Then the Today Show did a piece on it and the consensus was flushing with your foot is rude. (I still do it.)
Leave a Reply
Tell Us in the Comments
What do you think?