We all have our quirky vice.
This week we’re talking about those things you love, crave and are a little — or a lot — naughty. That social cigarette, the daily 24 oz. of coffee you consume (minus the paper cup of course — fist bump to Climate March!), still (still) getting sucked into every season of The Real World, the Nutella you can’t stop eating, because, well, spoon. And a few of us have vices that aren’t so obvious….
- Rachel Kramer Bussel sleeps with her clothes on.
- Laurie White road tests chocolate peanut butter cups.
- Gretchen Rubin tells us to lighten up about our bad habits.
- And speaking of habits, Jo Piazza learns happiness from Nuns.
- Diane di Costanza shares her stalking skills.
- Bethanne Patrick tempts us with two juicy novels.
- Jennifer Hill can’t stay out of the sun.
- And Dina Kaplan gets us to ban the word “busy.” Yes.
- Of course there’s a magazine, tv show and website called Vice. One of our recent favorites from them is a powerful, frightening and well-reported piece by Allison Yarrow about fake abortion clinics that are storming America.
- Whether or not you’re celebrating Rosh Hashanah this week, you might want to reflect, renew and check out 10Q — answer 10 life questions over 10 days, open a year later and repeat. Cathartic.
- And, finally, Blondie turns 40. (A penchant for peroxide, that’s a vice, for sure).
Keep on eating cars,
p.s. Tell Us Below: What is your secret, special vice…
(Illustration: Mike Licht/Flickr)