As we get older, there’s more and more we leave behind. Or we packrat it up in a plastic bin and try to hold on. But with people, places — and even hair, pets and phones — we know there will always come a time to let go.
- Cecily Kellogg reflects on the loss of her twins.
- Lauren Oster returns her beloved Manx.
- Wendy Scherer parts ways with her in-laws.
- Stacy Morrison asks what happens when you lose everything?
- Jody Jones writes an ode to last year’s iPhone.
- And for Modern Loss’ Abby Sher, death is only a hospital bed away.
TueNight Talks: If you’d like a little behind-the-scenes on this here site, I’ll be speaking at the Indie Media Camp in Brooklyn tomorrow (November 19) in a talk entitled, “I Started a Site Last Year and This Is How It’s Going.” Yep, pretty self-explanatory — should be lots of fun. Also at the conference will be Fusion’s Dodai Stewart, Medium editor-in-chief Kate Lee, Gothamist’s Jake Dobkin and many others. If you’d like to come, TueNight readers can get early-bird pricing ($99) through the day of the event by entering the code “TueNight” Here’s the invite page.