Age: Turning 60 on August 31!!
Basic bio: Amy founded and has led the Social Consciousness movement inside EILEEN FISHER for 28 years. She’s now “birthing” a new business: Hudson Valley Books for Humanity, a used/new bookstore opening this fall in Ossining, NY, with a focus on women, BIPOC, social/environmental justice, and local literary/artistic talent.
Beyond the bio: For my 50th birthday, I built an 18-speed bicycle out of bamboo and rode it from NYC to Washington, DC, as part of ClimateRide.org. Ten years later, I still ride that bike, pick up river trash from my kayak, and play the bassoon with the Hudson Valley Symphonic Wind Ensemble. But not all at the same time.
What makes you a grown-ass lady? A long-time introvert and self-doubter, I have learned to embrace being on center stage and always speaking from a place of personal experience. No one can argue with that.
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: Eating two squares of Hu dark chocolate every morning.
3. Jam of the minute: Anything by Lenny Kravitz.
4. Thing I miss: Disco dancing (sorry).
5. ’80s crush: John Travolta.
6. Current crush: Dan Levy.
7. Latest fave find: Compostable phone case by Pela.
8. Last thing you lost: My tomato plants; this has been one @%&* of a hot summer!
9. Best thing that happened recently: So much love from the community for my bookstore. It completely blindsided me.
10. Looking forward to: Opening day of my bookstore!