Basic bio: Gina is a self-employed San Francisco-based personal trainer and fitness instructor who works with women of all ages to help them build their strength, balance, and endurance. She has been kicking TueNighter Margaret Crandall’s a** once or twice a week for more than 10 years. She loves old movies and vintage style clothes, and once did a pin-up photo shoot, just for fun.
Beyond the bio: I was a gymnast and a dancer when I was young — as well as an aerobics instructor — but my first career was in hospitality and fine dining. It wasn’t until I was 43 that I got certified and became a trainer. I love what I do now, and I’m living proof that if you want to completely change your life in your 40s, there is nothing stopping you.
What makes you a grown-ass lady? I know where everything is. I am highly organized. And I don’t have to use an alarm clock. Ever.
1. On the nightstand: Glass of water, earplugs, a book gathering dust.
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: Making embroidered baby blankets.
3. Jam of the minute: “Levitating” by Dua Lipa.
4. Thing I miss: Teaching live classes.
5. ’80s crush: Mikhail Baryshnikov.
6. Current crush: My husband, who can cook, build, and fix ANYTHING.
7. Latest fave find: A fabulous Frida Kahlo-themed handbag, found at a tiny jewelry repair shop in the Mission.
8. Last thing you lost: A little black sweater.
9. Best thing that happened recently: Got to see my dad after a couple of years.
10. Looking forward to: Traveling without a care in the world.