|Addie celebrating her recent book publication|
Quick bio: Addie is a queer, nonbinary artist and writer who teaches creative writing, English, humanities, and dance, at Houston Community College. Her debut, queer Asian Young Adult novel Dear Twin, was published by Metonymy Press in November 2019.
Beyond the Bio: “Two weeks before I turned 40, and three months before embarking on promoting my first book, my marriage of four-plus years (seven altogether) fell disastrously apart. Forty is coming with lots of changes, both good and bad, exciting and paradigm-shifting. But I’m also excited about what the new decade might bring, too.”
1. On the nightstand: The Map of Salt and Stars, by Zeyn Joukhadar
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: Roller-skating
3. Jam of the minute: “Washing Machine Heart,” Mitski
4. Thing I miss: My ex
5. 80s crush: Janet Jackson
6. Current crush: The DJ who played for Lizzo when she opened for HAIM, before anyone knew who she was
7. Will whine about: Traffic
8. Will wine about: Dating sagas
9. Best thing that happened recently: I made Autostraddle’s list of 55 of the best queer books of 2019!
10. Looking forward to: Divorce, and also the grief moving through so I can feel in charge of my body, mind, and heart again. And: my first book review! (But also: gulp!)