TueNight 10: Cat Greenleaf
Bio: Cat is the creator of Talk Stoop on NBC which she hosted from her Cobble Hill townhouse for nearly a decade. Now, at her present home in Coney Island, she and her family play on the beach & make upcycled furniture for their #ZeroWaste home staging and interiors biz, Greenleaf & Sons.
Beyond the Bio: “Presently, the world is loopy for everybody — over 40, under 40, or eternally 40 like me! But my life has been inside out for the past three years: working through depression, losing my job, facing financial upheaval, adjusting to a new family structure. And now I’m here, finally out of those weeds. Grateful and changed. Then COVID-19 came to town and the earth shook again.
Since our foundation had already fallen away, we’d already had to rebuild. And since I spent a long time in bed — a long time — I’m already back up on my feet. Our hearts are breaking daily along with everyone else’s, but we’re able to support our loved ones facing terrifying uncertainty today because we’ve so recently weathered our own.
So if you need an ear during this crazy time or any time, call me!”
What makes you a grown-ass lady? “It’s not something that makes me proud. I know I’m an adult because my kids are respectfully afraid of me. If they had any idea of what a novice I am, they’d be horrified that they listen to everything I say. Or anything. But for now, I’m horrified that I’m as old as I am in this position of incredible power and responsibility, and I really have no idea what I’m doing.”
Here’s her TueNight 10:
1. On the nightstand: The Diary of Anne Frank
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: Rescuing furniture from the street, thrift stores, Craigslist
3. Jam of the minute: “True Fuschnick” by The Fu-Schnickens
4. Thing I miss: Ignorance
5. ’80s crush: Harry Belafonte
6. Current crush: Michael Rey
7. Latest fave find: Miss Jessie’s Multicultural Curls
8. Last thing you lost: My phone. And I’ll lose it 5 more times before this is over in two more sentences!
9. Best thing that happened recently: My oldest son saying all his dreams are coming true.
10. Looking forward to: My youngest son saying it, too.
Leave a Reply
Tell Us in the Comments
What do you think?