TueNight 10: Catherine Connors
(“Climbing is a metaphor for, like, everything — especially this year.”)
Age: Just turned 50! Will be celebrating NEXT year because this one was an apocalyptic wash, but am still owning it 🙂
Basic bio: Catherine is an entrepreneur, writer and recovering academic. She’s the CEO of the League of Badass Women, a private global network for female-identifying leaders, innovators, and change-makers. Her last book, The Feminine Revolution, was released in 2018; her next book, Citizen Princess, will only be released in 2021 if she can somehow manage to finish it while surviving the apocalypse.
Beyond the bio: Even though I’m at the mid-point of my life, I’m more interested in what’s ahead of me than what’s behind me. I’m a grown-ass lady who still asks herself — seriously — what she wants to be when she grows up.
What makes you a grown-ass lady? My understanding that I still — and will always — have some growing up to do.
1. On the nightstand: CBD gummies, my Chairman Mom water bottle, and a copy of Paul Ricouer’s Time and Narrative (once a nerd, always a nerd).
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: Believin’.
3. Jam of the minute: Everything from the Resistance Revival Chorus’s debut album, This Joy.
4. Thing I miss: Hugging my mom.
5. ’80s crush: Early ‘80s: C. Thomas Howell (PONYBOY FOREVER). Late ‘80s: Robert Smith.
6. Current crush: Dolly Parton.
7. Latest fave find: Conversations on Clubhouse.
8. Last thing you lost: My mind.
9. Best thing that happened recently: A dear friend who knew that I’d recently had a tough week sent me a care package from Milk Bar that had cake, pie, and tins of cookies. Reader, I ate it all.
10. Looking forward to: 2021. It feels like it’s still about a decade away, but I can practically taste it. It tastes like strawberries and hope.
Leave a Reply
Tell Us in the Comments
What do you think?