As the co-founder and COO of scrappy-start-up-turned-global-women’s-media-company BlogHer, Inc., Elisa Camahort Page has interviewed a diverse group of women throughout the years, from Gwyneth Paltrow to Tig Notaro, from Luvvie to Martha Stewart (who, when asked if there was anything she wasn’t good at, memorably responded, “Anything I haven’t tried yet.”). Elisa now consults with entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and organizations to take their big ideas to the next level. She’s also preparing for the September 18 release of her debut book, Road Map for Revolutionaries: Resistance, Activism, and Advocacy for All, available for pre-order now. At the dawn of 2018, Elisa looked at her heaving cookbook shelves and threw down the gauntlet, “I decided to issue myself a little cooking challenge in 2018. Every day (that I’m at home and not traveling) I’m going to take out a cookbook…and make one recipe from it.” She is currently on day 45 of her #vegancookbookchallenge.” Go, Elisa! Here’s her TueNight 10:
1. On the nightstand: iPad, Apple Watch charger, glasses, pile of magazines I will never read, Sunset’s Western Garden Book (which makes me sound way more Earth mama than I am, because I also never look at it).
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: Letting conferences with all white or all male speaking rosters know why I won’t be spending my hard-earned $$ to attend their events.
3. Jam of the minute: Troye Sivan’s “My My My!“
4. Thing I miss: A metallic pleather jacket i left on a plane in a haze of jet lag coming back from Moscow almost 4 years ago. And my cats
5. 80’s crush: Sting
6. Current crush: Dan Rather 🙂
7. Will whine about: How mainstream media helped destroy the Internet by refusing to invest in moderating their online comments, and how social network platforms destroyed it by refusing to take responsibility for being what they are: Media companies to which truth and civility should matter.
8. Will wine about: Nothing…I developed a sad, sad allergy to alcohol when I was 37.
9. Best thing that happened yesterday: Lunch (including the Impossible Burger) with an old friend I hadn’t seen in a while.
10. Looking forward to: #nerdcruise is coming! And because it’s #nerdcruise, I’m going to lead two sessions about my book’s topic while on the cruise.