Beyond the Bio: “I became a mom in my 40s through adoption. I love my boys and am so committed to giving them a beautiful life. While being a mom has made me more of a worrier in some ways, it’s also given me the courage to try new things. My boys learned how to ski as toddlers and they convinced me that I should learn too. So, I did. (Seriously, who is crazy enough to learn to ski in their 40s?) They push me beyond my comfort zone and I love them for that.”
What makes you a grown-ass lady? I have the confidence to say NO to things that don’t matter or bring me joy. I no longer feel the need to say yes just because I want to please someone or because I’m afraid of missing out.
1. On the nightstand: The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd, lavender oil and family photos.
4. Thing I miss: Human connection 🙁
5. 80s crush: Jake Ryan in Sixteen Candles.
6. Current crush: Honestly, no one comes close to Jake!
7. Latest fave find: My friend JJ Ramberg recently launched a podcast app called Goodpods. I’ve discovered so many cool podcasts through it, including The Daily Poem and Book Dreams. Also, I’ve taken up hand lettering and it’s been an amazing creative outlet for me.
8. Last thing you lost: My airpod case – it’s been missing for weeks. I finally gave in and bought a new one.
9. Best thing that happened recently: Readers of international editions of my book The Myth of the Nice Girl have been posting on social media. It’s so fun to see my words in different languages and to see the impact the book is making beyond the U.S.
10. Looking forward to: Putting this pandemic behind us and re-engaging with the world ❤️