TueNight 10: Gina Pell
We fell hard for Gina Pell when we read her call to arms for “Perennials,” her perfectly coined word to describe people who are “ever-blooming, relevant people of ALL ages who live in the present time, know what’s happening in the world, stay current with technology, and have friends of all ages.” Her weekly newsletter, The What List, is a must-read with links to five things you should know about–from lifestyle trends to great books, articles on health and career, and interesting fodder most people don’t have time to unearth.
1. On the nightstand: I read a book every two days so I have a stack, which includes: Days Without End by Sebastian Barry; Men Without Women by Haruki Murakami, Home Fire by Kamila Shamsie, Black Moses by Alain Mabanckou; Spaceman of Bohemia by Jaroslav Kalfar; and Goodbye Vitamin by Rachel Khong
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: Playing Words With Friends. I quit for two years and relapsed.
3. Jam of the minute: I have a 9 year old daughter so Taylor Swift’s “Look What You Made Me Do” is on a loop in the house and my brain. Help!
4. Thing I miss: A sane Commander in Chief.
5. 80’s crush: Charlie Sheen. I used to dream of growing up and marrying him. I believe Katie Holmes said the same thing about Tom Cruise.
6. Current crush: I have a vacancy for a current crush. Last year it was the Norwegian writer Karl Ove Knausgard but it started to wane after I finished his six book (!) autobiographical memoir.
7. Will whine about: Nothing. I’m more of a barker when my patience wears off.
8. Will wine about: Most everything.
9. Best thing that happened yesterday: Observing complete strangers in The What :: Women, our private Facebook Group, treating each other with respect, kindness, and love.
10. Looking forward to: Humdrum weather. The floods, fires, and heatwaves of late are really devastating and concerning for us all.
Leave a Reply
Tell Us in the Comments
What do you think?