If you are a woman over 40, who lives in a certain part of Brooklyn, at some point you will likely hear a friend say, “Do you know Jenny Douglas?” Move over, Kevin Bacon! Jenny is the ultimate connector of women. She is currently “setting up house with my cute boyfriend (made strangely sweet for doing this in midlife), planning an evening in which all attendees read aloud from their most embarrassing teenage journal entries, and investing in real estate in the Hudson Valley (a wholly unexpected turn).” We are thrilled that she will be one of our readers at TueNIght Live: TRUST on 10/17!
1. On the nightstand: American Heiress: The Wild Saga of the Kidnapping, Crimes and Trial of Patty Hearst (Jeffrey Toobin); The Principles of Uncertainty (Maira Kalman); Exquisite Pain (Sophie Calle); The ABC’s of Real Estate Investing (Ken McElroy)
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: Dancing on my coffee table (no matter how old I get, nor how many new cracks get made in the table).
3. Jam of the minute: Peach.
4. Thing I miss: Nana D’s mustard pickle; dial telephones..
5. 80’s crush: Jay McInerny
6. Current crush: Ray Donovan; Pink
7. Will whine about: Not much.
8. Will wine about: Most nights.
9. Best thing that happened yesterday: A good belly laugh with my friend Carolyn (who lives in Oakland and who I’ve spoken with by phone most days of the week for about twenty years).
10. Looking forward to: Moving into the next third of my life with fresh eyes and flourish.