Jenny Lumet is known for authoring the award-winning screenplay (and TueNight fave flick) 2008 film Rachel Getting Married. She’s also the daughter of famed director Sidney Lumet and granddaughter of the incomparable singer/ actress Lena Horne. When we contacted her she told us she’s “literally waiting to hear if my pilot is picked up” — a procedural based around a hate crimes unit. Nevertheless, she was happy to answer our TueNight 10 writing back, “Thanks! This was fun!” (To share your own with us – sign up here).
1.On the nightstand: My dad’s watch
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: The next pilot. I really love work
3. Jam of the minute: “Naive Melody” — Talking Heads
4. Thing I miss: Free time
5. 80’s crush: Billy Idol
6. Current crush: Dwayne Johnson. Hardcore. 100% All Dwayne, all the time.
7. Will whine about: Why Dwayne is not my boyfriend
8. Will wine about: Teetotaler. Always have been. I drink a lot of Diet Coke
9. Best thing that happened yesterday: I was in a taxi with both of my kids, coming from my mom’s house. My youngest was squished in the middle. Everyone was laughing. Might have been best thing ever.
10. Looking forward to: Being in another taxi with my kids as soon as possible.