(Jenny striking a pose for her favorite photographer, Christi of Grinkie Photography, LLC.)
Basic bio: When she’s not optimizing websites and mobile apps, Minnesota-based Jenny Seymour enjoys singing showtunes, co-hosting Hamiltunes events, and doing pin-up photo shoots. She’s planning her third shoot this summer – with her husband and a vintage propeller plane.
Beyond the bio: Things have only improved in my life in my 40s. I found the most wonderful man to share the rest of my life with, I’m the grandmother to a gorgeous 2-year-old boy, and I enjoy what I do for a living. It took a while to find and love myself, but I’m finally here and I continue to work on myself and my relationships.
What makes you a grown-ass lady? I no longer worry about what others think of me and am not afraid to “embarrass” myself.
Here’s her TueNight 10:
1. On the nightstand: My travel journal. I can’t wait to start updating that again!
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: Singing and biking.
3. Jam of the minute: We’ve been listening to a lot of vinyl. We pulled out our case/lang/veirs album last night. We were supposed to see them (Neko Case, k.d. lang and Laura Veirs) on stage a few years back and the show was rained out. We have also been working on our own concept album. We have never made an album before and are learning a lot!
4. Thing I miss: Going to live shows (music and theatre).
5. ’80s crush: Pierce Brosnan.
6. Current crush: My cutie pie husband.
7. Latest fave find: Beautycounter’s Overnight Resurfacing Peel.
8. Last thing you lost: A game of mah-jongg to my husband.
9. Best thing that happened recently: We booked some trips for 2021. Crossing our fingers we can travel!
10. Looking forward to: Hanging out with friends and traveling again.