TueNight 10: Jo Piazza
Jo Piazza with her son at a UFO viewing center in Southern Colorado
(photo courtesy of Jo Piazza)
“I’m finally at a point in my life where I can say my job is to make cool shit,” says Jo Piazza, TueNight contributor, author of seven books and former editor at Yahoo, Current TV and New York Daily News. Jo’s latest novel is Charlotte Walsh Likes to Win (Simon and Schuster), about a woman running for Senate in the most important race in the country during a midterm election.
“I feel like writing Charlotte, this fearless and ambitious woman, has given me more confidence. I’m finally advocating for myself in a way I was afraid to in my 20s and early 30s. It’s funny because when I was younger I really had nothing to lose. I had no family, no mortgage, no health concerns. Now I have all of those things, but for some reason I feel less afraid.”
Jo has been driving from coast to coast, promoting her new book.”My goal is to start a big ass conversation about women, ambition, power and leadership.”
Amidst it all, Jo has been reporting and producing her very first podcast Committed.
“I’ve realized this part of my life is less about balance and more about juggling and I’m OK with that. I’m trying to get better at juggling and at putting all the fucking balls away once in awhile.”
Here’s her TueNight 10:
1. On the nightstand: A sleep mask, an extra baby pacifier for when my kid inevitably throws his behind his crib, Zoloft and 19 books I swear I’m going to finish before I add another book to the pile.
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: Binging Younger.
3. Jam of the minute: John Denver’s “Country Roads.” Best road trip song of all time.
4. Thing I miss: Flip phones. No phones.
5. 80s crush: Debbie Gibson.
6. Current crush: Peter Hermann #TeamCharles (see #2).
7. Will whine about: How everyone likes to whine about how busy they are. Shut the fuck up. We get it.
8. Will wine about: I’m so old wine is giving me migraines and I can only drink whiskey which makes people think I’m an alcoholic.
9. Best thing that happened yesterday: I slept nine hours
10. Looking forward to: Taking a breather
Leave a Reply
Tell Us in the Comments
What do you think?