(Karrie: “That time I realized it was me all along.”)
Basic bio: Karrie Myers Taylor is an astrologer and video producer and editor. She is currently HBIC of KM Taylor Astrology & Wellness, running social media platforms on Youtube, Facebook, and Instagram.
Beyond the bio: Being in my 40s means freedom from the conformity bullshit. That’s why I became an astrologer; I wanted a job that I could do from anywhere in the world, that has no rules except what’s happening “up there” and that I would honestly do for free, I enjoy it that much.
What makes you a grown-ass lady? I ask A LOT of questions and I question the answers. I choose oatmeal over pancakes for breakfast, and I wear sunscreen to preserve my sexy. Grown-ass ladies follow their curiosities, protect their mindsets, and put self-care first.
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: Using my powers for good.
3. Jam of the minute: “Yours” by Leven Kali.
4. Thing I miss: Listening to 90s female rap MCs on mainstream radio, like MC Lyte, BO$$, Lady of Rage, Rah Digga, The Conscious Daughters, Lauryn Hill, etc.
5. ’80s crush: It’s been Keanu Reeves from the womb, so…
6. Current crush: Actor/activist bae Kendrick Samson.
7. Latest fave find: Air Plant Earrings by @lushlobes.
8. Last thing I lost: Probably my lip chap… I stay losing my lip chap.
9. Best thing that happened recently: We decided to buy land and start a vegetable farm & wellness center for traumatized folks. And since this year has traumatized everyone, I’ll be seeing you all there very soon.
10. Looking forward to: Space travel.