TueNight 10: Kathy Valentine
Bio: Kathy Valentine has been writing songs and playing in bands non-stop for 45 years — lots of un-famous ones, and one that made music history: the Go-Go’s. And now she has released a book: All I Ever Wanted: A Rock n’ Roll Memoir from University of Texas Press with an accompanying soundtrack.
Beyond the Bio: If I’m lucky enough to get a standard issue life span, then I’m acutely aware that I’m on the “other” side of the bell curve and feel a sense of urgency to keep productive—hyper motivated to create, and live each day in a very present and fully realized way. And besides getting shit done, and getting it done better than I ever have, I’m rocking and rolling and being the biggest not-giving-AF goofball I’ve ever been.
What makes you a grown-ass lady? Becoming a mom right before turning 44 made me a grown-ass lady. Before that, I was still a baby-ass lady.
Here’s her TueNight 10:
1. On the nightstand: It might be easier to say what’s NOT on my nightstand, but I’ll try: Books, laptop, notebooks, pens, phone, diffuser, essential oils, chargers, bottled water, and supplements. It’s big enough to clutter up.
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: Queso.
3. Jam of the minute: New album by X: Alphabetland.
4. Thing I miss: My young-ass legs. I didn’t appreciate smooth perfect legs when I had them, I never even once wore hot pants or short shorts, hardly ever mini-skirts. I’d wear that shit every day now if I had those legs.
5. 80s crush: 80s crush became my boyfriend in ‘84! Clem Burke, the drummer of Blondie.
6. Current crush: Mikel Rouse, bf of my 60s.
7. Latest fave find: Michael Sealey talking me to sleep on You Tube.
8. Last thing you lost: Amethyst necklace.
9. Best thing that happened recently: Hanging out with my 17-year-old daughter day-in and day-out since pandemic.
10. Looking forward to: Going to NYC eventually.
Leave a Reply
Tell Us in the Comments
What do you think?