As the founding editor of Lucky magazine and part of the trailblazing editorial team of Sassy (all hail), Kim France lived the “glamorous” magazine life. Her piece last year on the Condé Nast holiday lunch is one for the ages. These days we follow her/ shop her on her smart, addictive blog Girls of a Certain Age, all about style for women in their 40s and beyond. Kim is also working on a memoir for Algonquin Books, tentatively titled Typical Me, due out in the fall of 2019. We are SUPER excited that Kim will be reading a spicy excerpt from her memoir at TueNight Live: GLOW on June 27th (buy those tix!), and thrilled that she is sharing her TueNight 10 with us:
1. On the nightstand: The Rules Do Not Apply, by Ariel Levy
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: Doing yoga at Sky Ting studio in Chinatown. Finally, I have cultivated a healthy addiction.
3. Jam of the minute: “Cannonball” by the Breeders is a classic and always gets me going.
4. Thing I miss: The 90s. (see above)
5. 80’s crush: Jeff Bridges, Kris Kristofferson
6. Current crush: Javier Bardem
7. Will whine about: The state of our nation, people who walk too slowly down NYC sidewalks, my dogs when they won’t stick to their half of the bed.
8. Will wine about: Not my jam.
9. Best thing that happened yesterday: I hung out with the peerless Naomi Fry.
10. Looking forward to: The yoga retreat I’m going to in Italy in July. And longer-term, finishing my book.