TueNight 10: Liz Thompson
(“I’ve always refused labels, unless they’re applied by my grandbaby.”)
Age: I’m 56, I think? I quit keeping count.
Basic bio: Liz is TueNight’s social media manager. She’s working on her first book, a memoir about her experiences as a first-generation American daughter of Hungarian refugees.
Beyond the bio: I started my blog in 2003 (when the Internet was still in diapers) as a way to connect with other parents. I was a stay-at-home-mom with four kids under the age of 10 at the time, so I wrote during nap times and at night (sometimes in the bathroom). In those days, I never imagined it would lead to a full-time career. You could say my kids and I grew up online. I’m very proud of what I’ve accomplished and excited for the next chapter in my life: FINISHING MY DAMN BOOK!
What makes you a grown-ass lady? I am not afraid of failing. I’ve gathered a long list of learnings in my 50+ years of navigating failure. Success is good, but failure has given me the confidence and self-esteem to keep on going.
Here’s her TueNight 10:
1. On the nightstand: A historical romance novel, or twenty.
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: Baby-spamming folks with cute pics of my grandbaby.
3. Jam of the minute: “Lose You Now” by Lindsey Stirling featuring Mako.
4. Thing I miss: Visiting/going out with friends, IRL.
5. ‘80s crush: Jon Bon Jovi.
6. Current crush: Jon Bon Jovi.
7. Latest fave find: Skincare tutorials by Sonia Valencia on TikTok.
8. Last thing you lost: Sleep, lots of sleep.
9. Best thing that happened recently: Being introduced to Margit and TueNight.
10. Looking forward to: Going out to a dinner and movie with my husband, for real.
Leave a Reply
Tell Us in the Comments
What do you think?