TueNight 10: Lizz Winstead
Lizz Winstead is a feminist cultural icon for our times — and a hilarious one at that (if you follow her on Twitter or are a fan of the Daily Show which she co-created.). For the past three months, she’s toured the country doing stand-up in support of abortion providers, joined protest movement after protest movement and “raged at the machine known as my TV,” she tells us. Last week she hosted “The Golden Probes,” (you can watch Oct 28 on GoldenProbes.com) alongside Margaret Cho, a raucous evening of comedy, music, and celebration, to raise awareness about what is at stake for reproductive rights in the midterm elections. Produced by Lady Parts Justice, the organization Lizz founded in 2012, The Probes is billed as “Sexism’s Most Glamorous Night.
“I’m thrilled to have Margaret Cho come on board this year as our host along Stormy Daniels,” says Lizz. “Yes, Stormy will be presenting at our show!”
The show also includes Sandra Bernhard, Taylor Schilling, Dan Savage, and Patricia Okoumou, the woman who scaled the Statue of Liberty of July 4th.
“In typical LPJ style we are mixing humor with politics to create an awards show that is not only a hilarious, but one that exposes politicians devoted to creating an eight lane highway to Gilead, which we hope will inspire people to get to the polls and make sure these politicians lose their jobs.”
Here’s her TueNight 10:
1. On the nightstand: Michael Arceneaux’s I Can’t Date Jesus: Love, Sex, Family, Race, and Other Reasons I’ve Put My Faith in Beyoncé
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: Fighting for reproductive rights!
3. Jam of the minute: Timeless by Sérgio Mendes
4. Thing I miss: My parents
5. 80’s crush: Prince
6. Current crush: Prince
7. Will whine about: I don’t like the word “whining.” I feel like it’s a term to that men created to diminish women. I don’t whine I have righteous indignation for people who are apathetic about voting. But I will whine about Lyft drivers who always drop me off behind my apartment building in the most desolate of places.
8. Will wine about: Rosé! I am Rosé the Riveter.
9. Best thing that happened yesterday: I tried on my Rent-the-Runway gown that I’m wearing for The Golden Probes and it fit me like a glove!
10. Looking forward to: 75% majority women in the House & Senate!
Leave a Reply
Tell Us in the Comments
What do you think?