TueNight 10: Marcelle Heath
(Marcelle at Cannon Beach, pre-pandemic times)
Basic bio: Marcelle Heath is a fiction writer and editor. She is the curator of Apparel for Authors on Instagram, an interview series on writers, fashion, and the public sphere. Her short story collection, Is that all there is?, will be published by Awst Press in 2022.
Beyond the bio: I grew up moving around a lot, so I’m pretty adaptable to new environments. As I get older, I appreciate this ability more and more. Embracing change is my superpower.
What makes you a grown-ass lady? Wearing a goddamn mask!
Here’s her TueNight 10:
1. On the nightstand: Latest Prairie Schooner, Anne Patchett’s Commonwealth.
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: Watching Sarah Cooper.
3. Jam of the minute: Phoebe Bridgers’ Kyoto.
4. Thing I miss: My mom.
5. ’80s crush: Duran Duran’s Simon Le Bon.
6. Current crush: Phoebe Judge, host of This is Love and Criminalpodcasts.
7. Latest fave find: Jenny Offill’s Weather.
8. Last thing I lost: What’s the axiom about known knowns, and known unknowns? I have no idea what it could be, but I’m sure it’s something I miss!
9. Best thing that happened recently: As a slow writer, I had the rare and wonderful experience of having two stories published in one calendar year.
10. Looking forward to: Trump losing the election!
Leave a Reply
Tell Us in the Comments
What do you think?