(Photo: Howell Designs)
Bio: Marie Denee is the Editor in Chic at The Curvy Fashionista. She is an established and respected voice in the plus size fashion arena, making it her mission to continuously show women that they can be Curvy, Confident, and Chic.
Beyond the Bio: I am at a curious place in life. Welcoming 40, realizing my dreams- actually understanding that the only limitations that I have are the ones that I impose on myself. For the past few years, I have been reconciling past baggage, realizing my own missteps, and taking those lessons to help me walk my most confident steps.
What makes you a grown-ass lady? I think I am just coming into this. Letting go of caring what others think, in regards to making my own decisions and moves. Honestly, I am stepping into who I am with confidence. THIS is what I would define a grown-ass lady to be. I also feel more sexy, sassy, and confident about life.
Here’s her TueNight 10:
1. On the nightstand: My Black Tourmaline stone.
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: Watching dance choreography on YouTube.
3. Jam of the minute: Savage, the Remix with Beyoncé.
4. Thing I miss: My family. They are all on the west coast and I am in Georgia.
5. ’80s crush: Atrayou from The NeverEnding Story.
6. Current crush: Yahya, the actor.
7. Latest fave find: My E.L.F. face wash.
8. Last thing you lost: My Firestick remote.
9. Best thing that happened recently: Having a few personal breakthroughs with where I want to take my business.
10. Looking forward to: A real vacation… on a beach somewhere.