TueNight 10: Nefertiti Austin
Nefertiti Austin has written for TueNight about teaching children empathy and fighting “mommy frump.” She blogs about adoption at mommiejonesing.com, and is currently working on a memoir about adopting as a single woman of color. She is also an Adjunct Assistant U.S. HistoryInstructor and a certified PS-MAPP trainer who co-leads classes for adoptive and foster parents. Austin lives with her children in Los Angeles.
- On the nightstand: A raggedy copy of The Game of Life and How to Play It by Florence Scovel Shinn
- Can’t stop/won’t stop: A morning walk
- Jam of the minute: “Bambi” by Jidenna
- Thing I miss: Travel
- 80’s crush: Prince
- Current crush: Hill Harper
- Will whine about: Being a single parent — it’s hard!
- Will wine about: Cabernet or a nice, red blend
- Best thing that happened yesterday: I went out at night… without my kids
- Looking forward to: Writing about adoption and race
Leave a Reply
Tell Us in the Comments
What do you think?