Nilofer Merchant took time while on her book tour to share her TueNight 10 with us. A few weeks ago she got to speak at the same conference in Boston as Michelle Obama, “which really just means my shoes might touch the dust that her shoes touch.” Her book, The Power of Onlyness, shows how seemingly powerless people now have a new way to be valued, AND create more value in the world because of it. You can follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
1. On the nightstand: Just finished Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. Next up: Grant by Ron Chernow.
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: Judging myself. I always set the bar so high that I never achieve it.
3. Jam of the minute: Hamilton soundtrack (still)
4. Thing I miss: Grace & gravitas in the White House
5. 80’s crush: Oprah. She taught me the life lessons my mom just couldn’t.
6. Current crush: My Family.
7. Will whine about: Sitting on the tarmac.
8. Will wine about: Whiskey. Writer’s Tears is a new one I just found; it’s perfect in both name and flavor.
9. Best thing that happened yesterday: Oh, that’s easy. A nap.
10. Looking forward to: My next nap.