TueNight 10: Nina Lorez Collins
(Nina & Muffin at the beach, July 2020)
Basic bio: Nina is the founder of a social platform and website for women over 40 called the Woolfer, as well as the co-host of a podcast, Raging Gracefully, author of a funny book on aging called What Would Virginia Woolf Do And Other Questions I Ask Myself As I Attempt To Age Without Apology, and the manager of the literary estate of her late mother, the filmmaker & writer Kathleen Collins.
Beyond the bio: Like so many of us, at this point I’ve had more than my share of jobs, love relationships, even kids. I’m definitely seasoned, whatever that means. At 50, I finally feel at peace with the zigs and zags, the good decisions, the bad decisions, the mistakes, the triumphs. There’s a sense of acceptance and a huge amount of gratitude for having come through so much.
What makes you a grown-ass lady? My calm in the face of adversity.
Here’s her TueNight 10:
1. On the nightstand: Lacy Crawford’s Notes on a Silencing.
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: My nightly tequila with lime on ice.
3. Jam of the minute: Ella Fitzgerald since I recently watched this.
4. Thing I miss: My mother.
5. ’80s crush: Madonna.
6. Current crush: Tracee Ellis Ross.
7. Latest fave find: I’ve rediscovered roller blades in quarantine, and it’s been awesome.
8. Last thing you lost: A game of Scrabble to my 19 year old son, Bruno.
9. Best thing that happened recently: I’ve suddenly had my kids home for the past few months (like many would-be empty nesters right now) and it’s been surprisingly lovely.
10. Looking forward to: More long, lazy days of summer.
Leave a Reply
Tell Us in the Comments
What do you think?