First off, Robin is HILARIOUS. At our April TueNight Live event she shared her tale about quitting her therapist and we were all in stitches (and cancelling our shrink appointments). Her own live storytelling series, Yum’s the Word, features storytelling from the likes of Tim Gunn, Joy Behar, Aasif Mandvi as well as homemade ice cream cakes (Next show July 26th in NYC). The show has been lauded by the New York Times, Time Out and was named one of the “5 Best Storytelling Series in NYC” by CBS. These days she’s queuing up a Yum’s the Word podcast (the Tim Gunn episodes are absolutely hilarious) and writing a screenplay about the year she spent behind the windshield of the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile. Yes, a Weinermobile. Her favorite month is July as it’s National Ice Cream Month and National Hot Dog Month.
1. On the nightstand: Tara Clancy’s The Clancys of Queens, a red currant candle, Aveda’s hand and foot lotion and a picture of my niece and me.
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: Wordplay and puns. It’s a blessing and a curse… mostly a blessing. I love calling myself a “Cone-oisseur.”
3. Jam of the minute: Martin Solveig & Dragonette’s “Hello”
4. Thing I miss: Being surprised at who’s on the other line when someone calls you
5. 80’s crush: Kirk Cameron
6. Current crush: Jon Hamm
7. Will whine about: When someone says, “Where are you at?”
8. Will wine about (rather, your favorite drink): Anything with three syllables or more – margaritas, mojitos, caipirinhas, etc.
9. Best thing that happened yesterday: I was drinking too much water and my boyfriend made me laugh. I tried my best to hold it in, but couldn’t any longer and wound up doing the best spit take. I haven’t laughed that hard in a really long time.
10. Looking forward to: My trip to the Berkshires and Nova Scotia (I LOVE Canada!)