(Mochi says, Yes, no cavities!)
Age: “Somewhere around 60.”
Basic bio: Sherri is the CEO of the San Francisco nonprofit Muttville Senior Dog Rescue, which has rescued and found new homes for more than 8,300 dogs since she founded the organization in 2007. She’s also a CNN Hero.
Beyond the bio: The freedom I have felt as I have gotten older makes me feel more free in the world wherever I go. There is so much power in going forward with a dream. The fear went away as I aged!
What makes you a grown-ass lady? I love speaking up for those with no voice, all animals. I believe that kindness wins and makes good things happen and that you do not show your power by being cruel or a bully.
1. On the nightstand: Ear plugs, my Kindle, and CBD gummies.
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: Saving old dogs forever.
3. Jam of the minute: Songs from The Queen’s Gambit.
4. Thing I miss: Being at Muttville headquarters with our team and all the dogs. (Because of the pandemic, all the dogs are in foster homes right now, but we are still saving up to 24 dogs a week!)
5. ’80s crush: Chrissie Hynde and River Phoenix.
6. Current crush: Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones and Joaquin Phoenix, yum.
7. Latest fave find: YouTube yoga classes by Erin at Five Parks Yoga. So good!
8. Last thing you lost: 15 pounds and my eyeglasses.
9. Best thing that happened recently: I adopted Bubby, a 12 year old Jack Russell, best cuddle bunny ever!!
10. Looking forward to: Being back at Muttville and worldwide exploration.
November is National Adopt a Senior Pet Month. If you’d like to help Muttville rescue more dogs, you can donate here.