To know Susan Mcpherson is to know three new friends; she’s the ultimate connector. The pint-sized powrhouse delights in bringing women together. And that social good extends to her own business. Four years ago (this month!) Susan founded a social impact consultancy, McPherson Strategies. Her firm help brands form long-term value by standing up for what’s right and for the thing that will make the world a more just and peaceful place. She’s also one of our great TueNight storytellers — whether navigating the wild and wooly world of online dating after 50, or swimming naked in the Finish arctic.
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: Resisting Trump and his band of cronies
3. Jam of the minute: Loving the Smoke Fairies and Grace Weber
4. Thing I miss: This completely dates me but the Sopranos, X Files and running marathons (yes, managed to do 6 of them before social media, so they didn’t really count)
5. 80’s crush: Um, I can’t recall. In the late 70s, I fell for Al Pacino after seeing the absolutely pathetic film, Bobby Deerfield!
6. Current crush: No one special guy, although, I’m looking for him….unless he’s an endangered species which is certainly possible.
7. Will whine about: What else? The current crazy man pretending to be the president.
8. Will wine about: All the wine I love and my wonderful super dog, Phoebe!
9. Best thing that happened yesterday: Hung art on my wall in my living room after 10 years of inhabiting these digs.
10. Looking forward to: Working on a major project to help the business world stand up for women’s rights to reproductive healthcare and finally writing my book.