TueNight 10: Tracey Baker-Simmons
Basic bio: Tracey Baker-Simmons is a film and television executive, and a pioneer of reality television. (She created the Bravo reality series Being Bobby Brown, starring controversial music legends Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston, which just celebrated its 15-year anniversary.) She will be releasing her “Making Reality TV” Master Course early next year.
Beyond the bio: Turning 50 made me realize that legacy is important and I do need to focus on the body of work that I leave behind that bears my name. So in this new season of my life I find it quite refreshing to say “no, that doesn’t interest me” and only accept work that challenges and fulfills me as a creative.
What makes you a grown-ass lady? I drink as I please, I curse when needed, speak my mind and apologize later if warranted and I honestly believe there is a God that is looking out for me. Most importantly I have grown to learn to be comfortable in my own skin and that is my superpower.
1. On the nightstand: My small iPad with my books. I’m currently reading Barack Obama’s A Promised Land.
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: Eating chocolate-covered almonds and drinking red wine.
3. Jam of the minute: “I Want You Around” by Snoh Allegra.
4. Thing I miss: Going out to dinner.
5. ’80s crush: LL Cool J.
6. Current crush: Barack Obama.
7. Latest fave find: Black KN95 Masks.
8. Last thing you lost: My favorite loop scarf.
9. Best thing that happened recently: We celebrated my son’s 28th birthday with a chef and I enjoyed the experience of not being the one doing the cooking.
10. Looking forward to: Grandkids. I think they are years away but I am so looking forward to sharing life with them.
Leave a Reply
Tell Us in the Comments
What do you think?