Quick bio: Humor writer, mother, curmudgeon, Democrat in Texas. Also the social media director for The Conferences for Women, and working on few projects including a book about being old and mean.
Beyond the Bio: “The last fun thing I did was drink a few glasses of wine and apply to clinical studies at my dermatologist’s office. Fingers crossed that I’m wrinkled enough to get in! Otherwise, I’m trying hard to keep my sense of humor in our current political climate. I find myself nostalgic for the days when my biggest worry was if I’d be able to get Wham!’s new cassette before they were sold out. But, I keep my sanity via a lot of reading, watching movies that don’t star Reese Witherspoon, and listening to gospel music, which is kind of weird for an agnostic, but what can I say, I enjoy music that inspires you to enthusiastically clap.”
1. On the nightstand: Right now, Circe.
2. Can’t stop/won’t stop: Watching The Real Housewives. I CAN’T QUIT YOU, RAMONA SINGER.
3. Jam of the minute: “Can You Feel It” by The Jacksons.
4. Thing I miss: When nobody had cell phones.
5. 80s crush: George Michael who totally wasn’t gay and was just waiting to meet me.
6. Current crush: Beto O’Rourke, but it’s a political crush.
7. Will whine about: Dogs on airplanes, JFC enough already.
8. Will wine about: I’m doing Dry January, so my apologies to Napa for the loss in profits this month.
9. Best thing that happened recently: My McSweeney’s piece about jackass business guys in airports was one of the most read of 2018. Optimize that in your synergy wheelhouse.
10. Looking forward to: Impeachment and imprisonment. Like there’s any other answer?