We’re Hungry For: Deviled Eggs
You have extra hard boiled eggs right about now, I can tell.
Let’s make a delicious snack.
Helen Jane’s Deviled Eggs
6 hard boiled eggs
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 slices bacon
1 tablespoon minced parsley
1. Cut the 4 slices of bacon into tiny, bacon bit sized pieces and brown in a pan. When cooked through and crispy, drain on paper towels. Taste three bacon bits because you deserve it.
2. Peel hard boiled eggs and slice them the long way, narrow top to bottom.
3. Pop the yellow yolks into a medium bowl and mash firmly until the consistency of damp yellow sulphury sand. Add mayonnaise, mustard and salt and stir through.
4. Also to your bowl, add 3/4 of your bacon bits and 3/4 of your minced parsley. Stir through.
5. Put mixture into a large plastic bag and snip off a corner, piping the mixture back into the empty holes of the hard boiled egg where the yolks used to be.
6. Sprinkle the tops with parsley and a few bacon bits. Serve amongst friends in a cool, airy brunch situation. We don’t want to end up in in a pickle like Pamie did earlier this year.
I HATE beets. I gave them a try when I was 5 years old and was so grossed out by the bdoloy appearance of them that I swore I would never eat them. Maybe my tastebuds have changed since then? I never even heard of golden beets do they taste any different from regular red ones?
Leave a Reply
Tell Us in the Comments
What do you think?