Hey Folx, Margit here. And it’s time for just one more celebration of Gen-X women to close out 2022. We’re thrilled to announce our storytellers for TueNight Presents: #1 Daughter — Who Says We’re the Responsible Ones?!, sponsored by AARP.
I don’t know about you, but it’s been a year and I’m more than ready to celebrate and blow off some steam with my favorite TueNighters (that’s YOU.)
We’re Throwing a House Party
Because of course we are. From coast-to-coast — Brooklyn to Phoenix, L.A. to Durham — we’re going to hang with TueNighters for this event celebrating what it means to be a #1 Daughter. You know, the one who is responsible for everything (whether you’re the eldest, the only, or not!). Advice giver. Decision maker. The go-to.
6 phenomenal storytellers
1 amazing chance to win (see below!)
AND Ophira Eisenberg is hosting!
This is all happening on Tuesday, December 13th and you can join the fun (and invite ALL your friends) for FREE thanks to our generous event sponsorship with AARP. We are proud to have AARP as a sponsor because, like us, they take a bold approach to changing how we think about aging by challenging outdated beliefs and exploring new ways to spark conversation and empower people to choose how they live as they age. Join us as we explore how to #disruptaging.
All YOU need to do is RSVP and put on your comfy pants for a night of Gen-X revelry.
Vivacious, vulnerable, and visionary, we are thrilled to welcome these 6 women to the stage:
- Ophira Eisenberg is a standup comedian, writer, host of NPR’s Ask Me Another and the new comedy podcast Parenting Is A Joke.
- Omisade Burney-Scott, creator of The Black Girls’ Guide to Surviving Menopause, feminist, and social justice advocate.
- Kathy Cano-Murillo aka The Crafty Chica, known for her best-selling product lines, craft books, and amazing crafts.
- Margit Detweiler (that’s me), founder of TueNight.
- Melody Godfred poet, Self Love Philosopher and bestselling author (hello People’s Choice nomination!)
- Mimi Ison of HeyMiddleAge.com is a pro-age movement motivator and anti-ageism advocate.
Learn more about our storytellers (and RSVP) on the event page.
Giveaway Alert! See What’s Inside…
Self-care never looked this good! End the year with a box (valued at $250) full of relaxing goodness curated from women-owned businesses! All you have to do is RSVP and one lucky winner (drawn at random) will get…
- The AllSwell Creative Journal & Prompt Deck – A place to keep all of your creative ideas.
- Amyo “One in a Million” Necklace – Because you are!
- Bean & Bean “Take it slow” Mug & Costa Rica Las Lajas Black Honey Coffee – A side of mindfulness with our caffeine. Did we mention this is a mother-daughter duo?
- Bossy Cosmetics “Unstoppable” Lipstick – For when you want to look like you have it together…plus she’s cruelty-free and vegan, too!
- The Bullish “Emotional Baggage” Tote & Mastermind Pen Set – Seriously in love with this.
- Spoken Flames “Favored” AR candle – Sweet smells + visual meditation FTW.
AND – Wendi Aarons Book, “I’m Wearing Tunics Now” – A perfect read for sitting next to your AR candle, wearing your lipstick while sipping coffee from your mug… You get the picture!
A winner will be announced during the virtual event. Eligible entries are limited to continental US residents age 18+. The winner is required to provide a physical mailing address by 12/20/22 in order to receive the gift box. Official rules apply.
Can’t Wait to See You There
Join us – and tell your friends – as we share laughs and tears as we explore, honor, and celebrate all of the #1 Daughters!