My quick history of hot…
Sticking to vinyl car seats
Trying to leap over the heater (still have the scar)
Bare feet on a baking sidewalk
Bare feet on burning sand
“So hot you’re cool, so cool you’re hot.”
Glimpse of a shoulder
Ice cube stroked down a neck
First morning cup of black coffee
The glowing orange tip of a lit cigarette
A particular taco I had in Austin in 1992
“So take off all your clothes…”
Blackout in NYC. 2003. No electricity. No A/C.
Laying on the bed listening to a 20-year old Walkman, drenched
A deep kiss at 2.a.m.
Capsaicin to ease knee pain
Jalapeno-spiked margarita in Mexico City
Boob sweat. Gross.
Scrambling over red rocks in Sedona
Noodles from a night market
Chemo drugs searing across my chest, lungs
Dripping wet pillow case
“It’s 116 in Portland!”
Watching two 23-ish-year-olds kiss on Love Island
“Alexa, what are things that are hot?”
“The sun and fire”
This month, we’re turning up the temp for some sweaty storytelling:
- Stacy London on her first hot flash
- After a tighty-whitey incident, Jamiyla Chisholm leaves hot yoga behind
- Letisha Marrero can’t handle the “CALOR!”
- When was the last time you felt sexy? Laurie White asks seven women
- And over on TueNighters, we’ll be hosting a night of “WTF” night of questions about Menopause with Dr. Anna Barbieri, M.D.
Stay cool y’all, it’s a scorcher.